TO: STAFF & STUDENTS
FROM: HUGH BEATTIE, CHIEF ADMINISTRATOR
FEBRUARY 14, 2020. TODAY IS A B-DAY
Lakeland Regional High School is an equal opportunity provider.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH**” A good leader takes a little more than his share of blame; a little less than his share of credit.”- Arnold Glasgow
LUNCH MENU WEEK # 2
Soup: Manhattan clam chowder
Hot Entrée: Pizza
Hot Side: Green Beans
Entrees always available-Sandwiches made to order choices of Ham, Turkey, Cheese, Hoagie, Tuna fish or Egg salad on your choice of bread. (12 grain, whole wheat, whole wheat roll or club roll)-Salad Platters include Chef Salad, Garden Salad and Tuna salad platters. Cold side selections available daily-fruit cup, fresh fruit, juice cup, 3 bean salad, coleslaw, potato salad, carrot & celery sticks. Choice of milk-Fat free chocolate, skim or 1% low fat. Full lunch includes – One main entrée, 2 fruit or vegetable sides, 1 choice of milk.
· There will be an early dismissal for students today, February 14th at 12:18. School will be closed on February 17th & 18th in observance of President’s Day!
· The Student Council is holding a fundraiser for the BASS Animal Shelter. They are collecting things like paper towels, dog biscuits, pedigree dry food, plastic bags, blankets, towels, toys, bleach, fancy feast dry cat food, etc. More can be found on our flyers throughout the school. All donations should be dropped off to Ms. Harmon or Mrs. Vauter in room 6 by February 28th.
· February is black history month where Lakeland & ERASE celebrates prominent African-Americans. John Mercer Langston was the
first black man to become a lawyer in Ohio when he passed the Bar in
1854. When he was elected to the post of Town Clerk for Brownhelm,
Ohio in 1855 Langston became one of the first African Americans ever
elected to public office in America.
· Give your brain a break, feel more content and happy with your life, soak up the quiet time, build your “Real Life” relationships, get more sleep, feel less stressed, lose 6 to 12 points. The next UNPLUG CHALLENGE will be held on Monday, March 2nd! See Mrs. Mazza or Mrs. Persico with any questions.
· There will be NO Saturday Detention tomorrow, February 15th.
· The Sophomore class is sponsoring a clothing drive on Saturday, March 7th. See flyer below.
· Geppetto’s Pizza is looking to hire a delivery driver! You must have a valid driver’s license! Call (973) 835-7086.
· LASO and FBLA are having an empanada sale on February 26th and 27th after school in the senior meeting room. If interested in pre-ordering, orders are due by February 21st.
· There will be a Boys spring track pre-season meeting next Thursday, February 20th after school in room 415.
· Raise awareness for hunger and make a difference in your community. Coffee House performances at the Lakeland Community Hunger Banquet, FREE admission and Dinner. February 20th, 6 – 8 in the Lakeland Café. Please RSVP to LRHS.SERVICE@GMAIL.COM by February 15th!
· Come and see Mamma Mia, March 5th through 7th. Buy tickets for $12 at lakeland.booktix.com. See the attached flyer below for more info!
· Lakeland Band’s annual Tricky Tray will be held on Saturday, March 21st. See the flyers below for more info.
· DECA Club Fundraiser-Please click on the link to donate. https://www.snap-raise.com/fundraisers/lakeland-regional-high-school-deca-2020